Because you belong at Metadata
The Who, What, Where and Why
Metadata.io is looking for a self-driven, high achieving rockstar to join our growing San Francisco team as a Sales and Marketing Intern.
Metadata is a fast growing B2B software startup located in SoMa. We launched in 2017 and grew 100% year-over-year for the past 24 months. We are on a mission to augment the human-marketer with artificial intelligence.
Even as an intern, you will be an integral part of the Metadata.io team. Working for a startup, you will gain valuable experience in projects that make real impact on pipeline and client relationships while working in an environment that allows you to take on projects beyond your job description. Your primary work will include fun and challenging projects that make a real impact on our customers and revenue. You’ll develop and apply skills that will impact your career in a meaningful way while working closely with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to support the Metadata team daily.
What do you bring to the table?
The Metadata.io team is full of intelligent and hardworking people who love what they do, are constantly learning and challenging themselves and one another. We want our new team member to share these qualities while bringing a fresh perspective, positive energy and talent to our team. We are looking for someone who:
- Desires a career in technology, software or marketing
- Is an entrepreneur at heart or desires to start their own business
- Possesses an insatiable curiosity to learn about Metadata and our customers
- Has the ability to understand and articulate the Metadata.io Platform
- Is independent and willing to work beyond their job description. An intern should have a “can do” attitude and be relentless in pursuing goals and solving problems
- Is excited by working with customers, exceeding key performance metrics, and contributing back to the team team through various leadership initiatives
- Is friendly, enthusiastic, and demonstrates professional communication skills. You naturally make positive connections with others
What will you be doing?
As a Metadata Intern, you will:
- Work closely with our Head of Growth and CEO to learn fundamental sales skills, set company sales goals, win clients and generate pipeline.
- Plan, create, launch and optimize marketing digital marketing campaigns on channels like Facebook and LinkedIn
- Engage with prospects interested in learning more about Metadata
- Learn how to quickly qualify leads, and overcome objections on the fly
- Sit in on sales and technical calls with both new and prospective clients
- Become an expert in the Metadata.io platform, learning how to effectively and concisely explain a new and complex product to anyone
- Help draft, analyze, and negotiate sales contracts. You will be able to recognize when and how you can upsell a client
- Immerse yourself in the Silicon Valley startup environment, being able to balance several tasks at once and approaching day-to-day operations from an entrepreneurial perspective.